We were delighted yesterday to launch our new revised edition of “Homebuilders: Mactaggart & Mickel and the Scottish housebuilding industry” which has been produced to mark our 90th year in business. ‘Homebuilders’ chronicles the history of Mactaggart & Mickel and the Scottish housebuilding industry since the late 19th century and has been produced in collaboration with the RCAHMS.
Our launch event was also the announcement of our financial results for the year ended 30 April 2015, and I can share a few highlights of the year:
We achieved a growth in profits to £9.8m in the year, up from £8.1m last year; and an increase in turnover to £68m, up from £58.5m.
Other significant highlights of the year include:-
• Winning the Homes for Scotland Best Employer Award.
• Achieving Investors in People Gold Standard and Investors in Young People Standard.
• Our Homes division retaining its HBF 5 Star rating for customer service.
• Winning a Saltire Design Award for Innovation in Housing for Polnoon, Eaglesham.
• Our first sale of a commercial property development for £2m.
Click here to download a copy of our 2015 Annual Report and to view our Year in Review 2015 movie presented by CEO Ed Monaghan, for more insight into the activities of our Group of companies this year.
Copies of “Homebuilders” are available on request by contacting email@example.com