Buying a new home is one of the biggest and most important purchases you will ever make – share your excitement with your family and friends and celebrate your home buying journey on social media!
Once you have reserved your Mactaggart & Mickel home, your Sales Consultant will take you through your home buying journey, from choosing your options to your home demonstration up to your handover day when you’ll receive your keys. You’ll have the opportunity to add your personal touches throughout your new home, from the kitchen and bathroom to your flooring options and window dressing options (depending on your chosen home style and package). There are so many ways in which you can use social media to share, plan and record your home buying journey – here are a few suggestions:-
• We have some fantastic 360 virtual tours of selected home styles, such as the Bryce at Greenan Views in Ayr. Why not share one of our tours yourself on Facebook or Instagram and ask your friends and family to help you plan your new living space?
• Start a Pinterest board early on, to collect your ideas for your new home décor, wallpaper, colours, patterns and furniture etc. Pictures of stylish products that you find online, and want to keep a note, of can be “pinned” and shared with your followers… and if you’re stuck for inspiration, check out some of our own stunning boards showcasing the very latest in interior design trends in our showhomes!
• Did you know you can create a dedicated Instagram page specifically about your personal home buying journey? We absolutely love @insidenumber15, which was created by one of our clients at Millerhill at Shawfair. Mark the milestones such as securing your mortgage and choosing your furniture, plus share inspiration from other buyers and your dream interiors!
• We have an online Home Styler - a customisable tool which is great fun to use and gives you the opportunity to try out combinations of finishes and materials for your new kitchen, bathroom, living room and bedroom. You can even save your selections as a trial and share them directly on to Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest! The Home Styler is currently available only for selected homes at our Midton Fields development in Howwood but it will give you a great sense of the range of quality products and finishes available at all our developments.
• On your moving-in day, or Handover Day, you will be given a walk-through and Demonstration of your new home by one of our trusted Sales Consultants, and, along with your keys, you will also receive an Instagram-worthy luxury gift box with handcrafted goodies from Scottish producers. What better way to announce your move to your long-awaiting new dream home than to share a photo of all your new treats?
• Once you settle in to your brand new home, don’t miss the opportunity to share those memorable “first” moments with all your friends and family – your first visitors and housewarming party, your first trick-or treaters at Halloween, or decorating for your first Christmas in your new home!